On November 18th, in the Grand Ballroom of the Melia Cable Beach Resort, the Bahamas Financial Services Board (BFSB) paid tribute to the contribution of a number of industry professionals at its annual Financial Services Industry Excellence Awards Gala Dinner. This awards programme was introduced in 2001 by BFSB as a part of its Financial Centre Focus (FCF) initiative, an integral part of which is the profiling of the quality of the talent within the financial service sector.
At the gala event, the follow persons received top honours:
* Mr. Yves Lourdin, Former President at Pictet Bank & Trust Limited – **Lifetime Achievement Award**
* Mrs. Linda D’Aguilar, Partner – Glinton, Sweeting, O’Brien – **The Minister’s Award**
* Mr. Ian Jennings, President, Commonwealth Bank Ltd. – **Executive of the Year**
* Mr. Lynden Smith, Commonwealth Bank Limited – **Mentor of the Year**
* Miss Cindy Tinker, J.S. Johnson Co. Ltd. – **Professional of the Year**
* Mrs. Wendy Sands, Delaney Partners – **Achiever of the Year**
* Miss Crajia Sears, (COB Graduate Bachelors Banking & Finance) – **Student of the Year**
See PDF of Recipients below.
BFSB CEO Tanya McCartney says, *”With an 80 plus year track record in financial services, few jurisdictions offer the expertise that The Bahamas has to offer. The financial services sector is anchored by the thousands of professionals who work within the sector. The Excellence Awards provides an opportunity to recognize and reward our talent for their invaluable contribution.”*