Ahead of the [Annual Meeting](http://events.iadb.org/Calendar/eventDetail.aspx?lang=en&id=4877&SP=W&OID=632&) of the Inter-American Development Bank, Silvia Pavoni, Economics Editor at The Banker, travelled to Nassau, The Bahamas, to chair a [discussion](http://www.thebanker.com/Landing-Pages/Bahamas/Bahamas?utmcampaign=View+from+IDB+Roundup+2016&utmsource=emailCampaign&utmmedium=email&utmcontent=) about the country’s financial centre and its place in the local economy as well as in the world of international finance and trade.
* The Bahamas’ financial services sector
* The financial centre’s role and reputation
* International regulation and compliance
* Financial innovation
* David Munoz, CEO, Deltec Bank and Trust
* Hope Strachan, minister of financial services and local government, Bahamas
* Ivan Hooper, CEO, The Winterbotham Trust Company
* Ivylyn Cassar, vice-chairman, Equity Bank and Trust Bahamas
* Michael Paton, partner, Lennox Paton
* Tanya McCartney, CEO, Bahamas Financial Services Board
The 57th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the 31st Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of the Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC) were held in Nassau, The Bahamas, from 7th to 10th April, 2016.
Ms. Pavoni reported on the key themes from the IDB event. The Banker’s [View From IDB](http://www.thebanker.com/International-Meetings/View-from-IDB?utm_campaign=View+from+IDB+Roundup+2016&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=) brings you regular multimedia coverage and provides exclusive viewpoints and thought-led discussions with key industry figures.