Tonight in the Grand Ballroom of the Atlantis, Paradise Island the Bahamas Financial Services Board paid tribute to the contributions of a number of industry professionals as part of its annual quest to profile role models in the sector.
BFSB’s Chairman Prince Rahming and CEO Aliya Allen spoke to the impressive list of 24 nominees who were finalists for the Industry Awards across the various categories, indicating their joint conviction that this augurs well for the sustainability of the sector going forward.
Announced as the 2015 Recipients were:
* Executive of the Year: Denise Curry Turnquest, Senior Vice-President, Credit Risk, Commonwealth Bank Limited
* Mentor of the Year: Franklyn Thomas, Senior Manager, Consumer Lending, Commonwealth Bank Limited
* Professional of the Year: Andrea Azeez Quant, Vice President of Banking & Finance, The Winterbotham Trust Company Limited
* Achiever of the Year: Lorca Bowe, Risk Officer, Business Risk Department, UBS Trustees (Bahamas) Limited
* Student of the Year: Dava Bullard BBA Accounting, now Staff Accountant at Ernst & Young
Also presented was the BFSB Lifetime Achievement Award, recognising a practitioner for sustained contribution and dedication to the industry:
* Lifetime Achievement Award: Betty Roberts FCIB, TEP, President, First Trust Bank