The Bahamas Financial Services Board (BFSB) is celebrating the 14th anniversary of its Industry Excellence Awards programme at a Gala Awards Dinner on Friday, 14 November. At that time, the Recipients for the 2014 Achiever of the Year, Professional of the Year, Executive of the Year, and Student of the Year will be announced – academy award style.
BFSB CEO Aliya Allen says, *“This awards programme pays tribute to “People Power” – recognised as one of the most important assets of our financial services industry. Capacity building to meet the myriad challenges and opportunities that confront us today remains a key to success, and the sustainability of our sector.”*
**The 2014 Nominees are:**
##ACHIEVER OF THE YEAR##
* Amanda I. Smith, Associate Manager, Andbank (Bahamas) Ltd.
* Anna Zywiolek, Relationship Manager, Julius Baer Bank & Trust
* Eurika Cartwright, Administrative Assistant, Scotiatrust
* Jessica L. Thornley-Mitchell, Supervisor, The Winterbotham Trust Company Ltd.
* Kimberley D. Fuller, IT Analyst, Societe Generale Private Bank (Bahamas) Ltd.
##PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR##
* Baldwin L. Rigby, TEP, Associate Director-Fiduciary Services, Scotiatrust
* Jevon McIntosh, Head of Information Technology, Credit Suisse AG, Nassau Branch
* Joneka A. Wright, Vice President- Corporate Services/Corporate Secretary, The Winterbotham Trust Company Ltd.
* Kia S. Curling, CPA, Financial Controller, Societe Generale Private Banking (Bahamas) Ltd.
* Lesa Seymour-Oliver, Associate Director/Assistant Credit Officer, Julius Baer Bank & Trust
##EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR##
* Christel Sands-Feaste, Partner, Higgs & Johnson
* Ivan G.D. Hooper, TEP, FICA, CEO, The Winterbotham Trust Company Ltd.
* Tony S. Joudi, President , Sapphire Venture Fund
* Vanessa A. Knowles, CFA, FRM, Country Head & COO, Credit Suisse, AG Nassau
##STUDENT OF THE YEAR##
* Aloniqua A. Russell, BBA Accounting
* Jacinta G. Rolle, BBA Accounting
* Tevin R. Bannister, BBA Economics & Finance
The Student of the Year Award recognises outstanding students from the graduating class of COB. This year’s award is co-sponsored by CFAL, the Association of International Banks & Trust Companies in The Bahamas (AIBT) and Societe Generale Private Banking (Bahamas) Limited.
Also to be recognised at the awards ceremony will be the 2014 Mentor of the Year as well as the recipient of this year’s Development and Promotion Award – both of which are to be announced later this week. BFSB last month revealed that the 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award is to be presented to Ian D. Fair, Chairman of Bahamas First Holdings Limited, Butterfield Trust (Bahamas) Limited, and the Bahamas International Securities Exchange (BISX). This award salutes outstanding and sustained performance and contribution within the industry.
The Industry Excellence Awards Programme was introduced by BFSB in 2001 to recognise excellence in performance amongst industry practitioners. Since inception the programme has been cosponsored by the Financial Services Industry Professional Industry Associations. Candidates are reviewed by a Nominations Committee and then referred to an independent Blue Ribbon Panel that makes the final selections of each year’s Recipients.