The Bahamas Financial Services Board (BFSB) will celebrate the 11th anniversary of its Industry Excellence Awards programme at a Gala Dinner on Friday, 11th November. At that time, the Recipients for the 2011 Achiever of the Year, Professional of the Year, Mentor of the Year and Student of the Year will be announced – academy award style. Also to be recognised at the awards ceremony will be the Executive of the Year and the recipient of this year’s Development and Promotion Award – both of which are to be announced later this week. Last week, BFSB announced that Mr. Hugh Sands, CMG has been selected as the Lifetime Achievement Awardee; he will be presented with his award at the Gala Dinner on 11th November as well.
The 2011 Nominees are:
Achiever of the Year
- Alec F. Rolle, Account Officer, BSI Overseas (Bahamas) Ltd.
- Dexter C.L. Bodie, Mortgage Specialist, RBC FINCO
- Genesta Jackson, Credit Officer, Commonwealth Bank Limited (Freeport Main Branch)
- Keitra Pratt, Portfolio Manager, UBS (Bahamas) Ltd.
- Sharon A. LaFleur, Jr. Relationship Manager, Julius Baer Bank & Trust (Bahamas) Ltd.
Professional of the Year
- Steve Davis, Director, Head Trust Control, UBS Trustees (Bahamas) Limited
- Denise K.M. Allen-Pinder, Branch Support Officer, RBC FINCO
- Donna Tynes, Manager, Client Care, RBC Royal Bank of Canada (Freeport Branch
- Duhiza T. Swaby-Smith, Senior Compliance Officer, Banque Privée Edmond de Rothschild Ltd.
- Elwood H. Bonimy, Chief Financial Officer, The Private Trust Corporation Ltd.
- Kenrick L. Brathwaite, Sr., Asst VP, Internal Audit & Credit Inspection, Commonwealth Bank Limited
- Kevin G. Cambridge, Director, Insolvency Services, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Mentor of the Year
- Dave Smith, Resident Manager, BAC Bahamas Bank Ltd.
- Dorothy M. Hilton, Managing Director, SG Hambros Bank & Trust (Bahamas) Ltd.
- Vivian V.A. Mitchell-Selver, Executive Assistant, Commonwealth Bank Limited
Student of the Year
- Janeille R. Brathwaite - BBA, Business Management, College of The Bahamas
- Mandelia K. Morris - BBA, Banking and Finance, College of The Bahamas
BFSB introduced its Industry Excellence Awards Programme in 2001, in collaboration with the FSI Industry Associations to recognise excellence in performance amongst industry practitioners.
The Association of International Banks & Trust Companies in The Bahamas (AIBT) in 2010 joined forces with BFSB to enhance the profile of the annual Financial Services Industry Excellence Award for the “Achiever of the Year”. In addition to the recognition and awards presented in this category by BFSB, the Achiever of the Year receives the AIBT Professional Education Prize.